It’s going to be a new era for India’s cricket and for the millions of cricket fans since the inception of the Indian Cricket League (ICS). ICS matches will begin in October 2007 with six club teams.
Structure of the ICL
-6 teams to start with expansion to 16 teams by the third year
– US$ 1 million( Rs 4.4 Crores ) for the winning club team
– Teams to represent the entire geography of the nation
– Start with the Twenty20 format and progress to the 50 over ODI format
– League format each team to play on home and away basis
– Each team would have a dedicated support staff consisting of trainers, physiotherapist, dietician and a media manager