You will get to see the status of your refund 24 hours after IRS receives your e-file return or 4 weeks if you have mailed a paper return.
You need to know the following information to get the IRS refund status
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Filing Status – Single, Married-filing joint return, Married-filing separate return, Head of household, Qualifying widow(er)
- Refund Amount – enter the exact refund amount from your tax return.
Get the IRS Get Refund Status here
IRS refund phone number
IRS phone numbers to check the status of your refund in English or Spanish
- IRS Refund Hotline – 800-829-1954
- IRS TeleTax System – 800-829-4477
How long does it take to get IRS tax refund ?
The IRS reports that it “We issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days.”
Did not get the IRS refund yet ?
You should Call IRS if it has been:
- 21 days or more since you e filed your return
- 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return