To prevent unauthorized users from using your internet or hackers accessing your system, you need to secure your wireless router.
Here are some tips on how to prevent unauthorized access to your home wireless network:
- Turn on Wi-Fi encryption and select WPA2 as the encryption method.
- Change routers default password, so that outsiders can’t reach the management interface using routers default password.
- Change the default SSID ( service set identifier), change them from the default to something unique.
- Regularly check who is connecting your network. Using your routers management software you can specify the list of machines you allow access to your nextwork.
- Regularly update your router firmware when they are available.
Do you know of any other methods to secure a wireless network? Please share it in the comments section below..