Here are Internet Security tips that will cut down the likelihood that a security attack will affect you. Security is an ongoing commitment, sophisticated threats emerge on an almost daily basis.
Computer and virus protection:
- Use anti-virus software, firewalls and spam filtering
- Regularly update your OS and Web browser security updates and patches.
- Teach your children about Internet security
- Use a password that is hard to guess. Learn how to create a strong password
- Visit secure Web sites when you are using your credit card online
- Prevent viruses by not opening spam email.
- Set up Email Filters.
- There is potential security risk to many popular models of home routers; especially routers that are not protected by a strong password.
Comments on this entry are closed.