No one likes jet lag. Jet lag occurs after air travel across several time zones. It’s caused by the body’s circadian rhythms being out of sync with the local destination time. Re
Jet lag or jetlag is a physiological condition which is a consequence of alterations to circadian rhythms; it is classified as one of the circadian rhythm sleep disorders. Such disturbances result from shift work, daylight saving time, chronic congenital disorders, or as the name implies, rapid transmeridian travel as on a jet plane, according to wikipedia.
Here’s 15 Smart Ways to reset your body clock and sleep better from Reader’s Digest Magazine.
1. ACCLIMATE – Acclimate your body to the new time zone
2. FLY A DAY EARLY.
3. CHUG – Stay hydrated ,Avoid alcohol and anything caffeinated during your flight.
4. FLY BUSINESS OR FIRST CLASS – book a business or first-class seat so you can get some sleep, If you’re flying overnight and need to work in the morning.
5. HIT THE LINGUINE – Carbs boost your ability to sleep—particularly when you fly westward.
6. REFRIGERATE – Try to get some sleep on the plane.
7. AVOID AIRLINE FOOD – Body uses to set its internal clock is food but airline food is served onboard according to the time at your home base.
8. CONSIDER THE MEDICAL OPTION.
9. CONSIDER MELATONIN – Studies indicate that supplemental melatonin will make you sleepy. It’s not as strong as a sleeping pill
10. HAVE THE EGGS BENEDICT– Protein-rich meal the morning after you arrive will give your brain what it needs
11. STAY ON HOME TIME – If your trip is only couple of days,plan your eating and sleeping schedule as your home time.
12. OR SWITCH IMMEDIATELY – If you’re away for more than just a couple of days,then switch your schedule to local time.
13. BRING YOUR WORKOUT GEAR – Schedule a 30-minute workout each day you’re on the road.
14. WATCH OUT FOR FUZZ BRAIN -Avoid driving long distances and making critical decisions for the first 24 hours after you arrive
15. MAKE IT DARK AND COLD – Use those heavy room-darkening shades to shut out light during the hours you plan to sleep.
[ 15 Smart Ways to Beat Jet Lag via rd]