Google Chromecast is a HDMI Streaming Media Player developed by Google, it allows you to stream videos from your smartphone or tablet directly into your HDTV via Wi-Fi from the Internet or local network.
You can watch your favorite videos from YouTube app, Netflix app and selected web content through Chrome browser. Chromecast supports 1080p video resolution you won’t lose picture quality from HD video sources.
Chromecast runs on Chrome OS and updates are downloaded automatically, similar to Chrome OS devices.
How do I use Chromecast ?
- Insert the Chromecast video dongle into any HDTV which has HDMI port.
- Connect it the Wi-Fi network at your house.
- Use a smartphone or tablet to watch content from your device. From the video app press the “Cast” icon and select your Chromecast, and the video gets sent to your TV.
That is, Over Wi-Fi your tablet or phone tells the video dongle what to watch. All you have to do is open the video you want to watch on your Netflix or YouTube app and press a “Cast” button to send the video to your television. Your television will switch to the right input and begin streaming the video you’ve chosen.
Multitask – You can switch to another app
While you continue to watch videos using Chromecast, you can switch to another app or browse. You can also let your device go into sleep mode without draining the battery on your device.
- Android tablets and smartphones
- iOS devices ( iPhone, iPad)
- Chrome for Mac
- Chrome for Windows
For more infoamtion visit Google – Chromecast webpage