How do I Keep my smartphones and tablets safe and secure ?
It’s important to keep your smartphone safe and secure. Almost everyone has a smartphone; iPads, Android tablets now leading the market. You can minimize the risk of hacker stealing sensitive information by following these essential tips.
- Lock your mobile device. Use ‘Passcode Lock’ feature to protect your mobile device with a secure password.
- Always lock your device when it’s not in use (set it to auto-lock feature)
- Keep your Operating System and apps up to date
- Download only legitimacy apps, Avoid questionable apps
- Do not jailbreak or modify your device
- Back up your data (Example. iPhone, iPad and iPod data can be backed up by iTunes; Android data can be backed up to the secure cloud storage)
- If available, install mobile antivirus software on your device
- If available, encrypt the data