Google is the default search engine on your iPhone or an iPad. Safari on your device will always use the selected default search engine while searching online. This can be changed in your settings. You have 4 options to choose as your search engine.
- Bing – Microsoft’s search engine
- DuckDuckGo – search engine that doesn’t track you
How to change default search engine in iOS
- Open your Settings app.
- Scroll down to the “Safari” and tap it
- Tap on “Search Engine” to see your default searching engine
- Tap the search engine want to change
By default Google will be your default search engine. Tap any search engine of your choice. This will make the tapped search engine as your search engine while searching online.