Mr. N. R. Narayana Murthy Chairman of the Board and Chief Mentor of Infosys Technologies Limited , will join Global banking giant HSBC board in May.
“Nagavara Ramarao Narayana Murthy has been appointed a director of HSBC Holdings with effect from May 1, 2008. He will be an independent non-executive director,” HSBC said in a regulatory filing.
As a non-executive director, Murthy will not have a service contract with HSBC Holdings and will be paid a director’s fee of £65,000 pounds per annum (about Rs 52 lakh) as authorised by the shareholders at the 2006 annual general meeting.
Murthy is also an independent non-executive director of Unilever.
Mr. Murthy is an IT advisor to several Asian countries. He serves as an independent director on the boards of several global companies. He is also a member of the advisory boards and councils of several educational institutions.
Here is the list of few…
Narayana Murthy is Chairman of
- Infosys Technologies Limited
- Governing body of the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
Narayana Murthy is MEMBER OF BOARDS INCLUDING
- University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School
- University of Tokyo
- Asian Institute of Management
Narayana Murthy directorships include
- DBS Bank, Singapore
- Unilever, London
- Asia Pacific Advisory Board of British Telecommunications plc
- New Delhi Television Ltd
Narayana Murthy is Member of
- Indian Prime Minister’s Council on Trade and Industry
- Board of Directors of the United Nations Foundation
Mr. Murthy was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, the second highest civilian award, by the Government of India in 2008. The Government of France conferred on him the Officer of the Legion of Honor in 2008.Courtesy – infosys