Popup’s are the windows that appear automatically without your permission.
How to get rid of popups in your browser. Some of sites has annoying popups. Here are steps to disable popups which vary in size.
Steps to block pop-ups in Firefox
1. Click on the Tools menu, and select Options
2. Click on the content tab
3. Block pop-up windows – Select this option to enable the pop-up blocker
Exceptions: Add list of sites that you want to allow to display pop-ups. You can allow specific websites to use pop-ups(like bank and your trusted site)
Steps to block pop-ups in Internet explorer
The Pop-up Blocker is a new feature in Internet Explorer. This feature blocks most unwanted pop-up windows from appearing.
1. Click on the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker.
2. click Turn On Pop-up Blocker to turn on the Pop-up Blocker, or click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker to turn off the Pop-up Blocker.
Allow Web sites list
1. Click on the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
2. You can allow pop-up windows to open in a Web site by adding the Web site to the Allowed sites list.