Is your iPhone or iPad constantly out of space? You tried iCloud to store photos, still no luck? Consider Google Photos.
Do you know you can automatically Transfer Photos from iPhone/iPad to Google Photos and free up space. This feature is called back up and sync on Google photos. Basically, this feature of Google photos allows you to automatically transfer your iPhone/iPad photos to Google Photos.
Once photos/videos are transferred, you can go to Google photos app and click “Free up space ” option to delete the photos on your iPhone/iPad to free up the space on your device. You can use the Google Photos app to view your photos at any time.
Google photos allows you to store unlimited photos If set your size of photo and video as High quality – never worry about photos talking more space on your iPhone or iPad.
How do I Transfer Photos from iPhone/iPad to Google Photos ?
- Install Google Photos app for iPhone/iPad on your device
- Open the app and sign into your account
- Tap Menu >> Settings .
- Tap Back up & sync
- Tap “Back up & sync” on or off
How to Backup Photos from iPhone/iPad to Google Photos:
Once you install Google photos app and it has access to your photos folder, it will take a while to sync your device photos/videos to sync to Google Photos.
- Open the Google Photos app from your device
- You will see the status “backup complete” if the photos are backed up, or still waiting to finish back up.
Free up space from iPhone/iPad
Once back is complete, you can tap “Free up space” – this will safely delete all the backed up items from your iPhone/iPad to free up space.
Choose the upload size:
You have 2 options :
- High Quality images – Visual quality at reduced file size, you get unlimited storage
- Original – Full resolution photos will count to your 15 GB of free Google space
When to back up
You have 2 options :
By default once your device is connected to WiFi, your photos will be backed up to Google photos. You can change the settings
- Use WiFi to back up photos/videos
- Use cellular data to back up videos
Google Photos on iPhone or a iPad is a nice feature for any one, I save lots of space on device and never worry about manually backup my iPhone/iPad photos to a another device. Also read – How do I disable/enable “Rediscover This Day” on Google Photos