Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) launched its own international Twenty20 League called the Indian Premiere League (IPL) to challenge Subhash Chandra’s Indian Cricket League (ICL)
Image : Indian Premier League (IPL), BCCI’s multimillion dollar league launch
Indian Premiere League (IPL) Tournaments Trivia
-44-day tournament is scheduled to start in April 2008
-8 teams from 4 nations would take part in this tournament.
-Tournament will have 59 matches.
-Matches will be played on Saturdays, between 5 pm and 8 pm.
-Total prize money is around $3 million – 3 times more than ICL ( ICL announced $1 million as price money )
-Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne have confirmed their association with the league
Governing council for the Indian Premiere League (IPL)
-BCCI vice-president Lalit Modi was named as its convenor
-Former Indian captain Ravi Shastri
-Former Indian captain Sunil Gavaskar
-Former Indian captain MAK “Tiger” Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
-Politician Arun Jaitley and Rajiv Shulka
-Businessman Chirayu Amin
-Punjab Cricket Association President IS Bindra
precisely .. no doubt Indian Cricket League and Indian Premier League will help accelerate the Indian cricket.
- Indian Cricket League: Birth Of New Era In Indian Cricket
- Indian Cricket League (ICL ) : Indian Players List
- List of Indian Cricket League (ICL ) Executive Board, Talent hunters and Coaches
- Warren Buffett’s billion dollar secrets
- Top 10 Indian Management Schools
- List of 50 most influential Indian-Americans
- World Top Ranking Indian Universities
- Indian Firms shines in Forbes Asia’s “Fabulous 50″list
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) Selection Criteria process for 2007
- Top 10 Richest Supermodels in the World