ICC Chief Executive Officer Malcolm Speed today unveiled the trophy that will be at stake when the ICC World Twenty20 tournament gets underway in South Africa on 11 September.
The trophy, which will be competed for by the 10 ICC Full Members plus leading Associate sides Kenya and Scotland, has the following details:
The tournament is the first of its kind at international Twenty20 level and will see 27 matches take place at three venues – Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg – between 11 and 24 September.
The tournament begins with hosts South Africa playing the West Indies at the Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg and culminates with the final at the same venue.
- What is Twenty20 Cricket ?
- Formula One World Drivers Champions from 1950
- World’s Biggest Astronautical Event to be held India
- New 7 Wonders of the World to be chosen
- World Top Ranking Indian Universities
- Ease of Doing Business in any Country: World Bank Report
- Highest Paid Football Players in the World.
- India Football: FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking
- World Class Education To Your Children – International Schools
- The New 7 World Wonders