Microsoft said it would ship Windows Small Business Server 2008 and an early release version (RC 1) of Windows Essential Business Server 2008 on November 12. The company also said trial versions of both products are now available for download through a Microsoft site called MultiplyYourPower.com
Windows Small Business Server 2008 is a scaled-down version of Windows Server 2008, which is the server OS counterpart to the Windows Vista desktop operating system.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 is an all-in-one server solution designed to help you keep your data more secure and your company more productive. It provides many of the features used by larger companies, such as e-mail, Internet connectivity, internal Web sites, remote access, support for mobile devices, file and printer sharing, backup, and restore—all at one affordable price.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 comes in two editions: Standard and Premium.
- The standard edition comes with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Windows Live OneCare for Server, and other utilities.
- The Premium edition adds the small business version of SQL Server 2008 and several other technologies drawn from Windows Server 2008.
Image Courtesy – Microsoft
[ Microsoft To Launch Windows Small Business Server 2008 On Nov. 12 ]
- Windows 2008 on February 27 worldwide
- ICICI , Citi tightens small segment loans to consumers
- Why auto makers are chasing small car segments in India ?
- Tata’s small car : Difficult to stick to the price of Rs 1 lakh
- Global Indian 2008 : Ratan Tata
- MS Vista service pack to be released in 2008
- BusinessWeek’s 2007 THE BEST BUSINESS SCHOOLS
- Microsoft Releases Windows Mobile 6.1 and IE Mobile at CTIA
- 2008 BMW 3 Series sets a new benchmark
- Ease of Doing Business in any Country: World Bank Report