Web Blocking Software applications will automatically block access to websites which are specified in the rules. Most of the Web Blocking Software will use auto-update feature, so that it will regularly download an updated list of blocked sites and policies from the Internet like the antivirus definitions or other computer updates.
These software will block access to harmful, inappropriate, and dangerous websites that may contain phishing/pharming attacks, malware such as spyware, or objectionable content that can expose threat to the users or the organization. This software will allow to categorize each Web site and allows to permit only certain type of category which is appropriate to the employer or school needs.
Common use cases of such Web Blocking Software include companies and schools who wish to restrict what content may be viewed by by their users while on the job or in school.
List of Popular Web blocking applications
Cuba, China, Tunisia, Iran are some of the countries who imposes internet censorship.
- Kid Safe Web Browser Software Download
- Internet Explorer 8 Download – Free Web Browser
- Web 2.0: What Does It Mean?
- Most Popular Video Sites on the Web
- Useful Tools for Creating Web Pages
- Yahoo! Web Analytics – Real-Time Traffic Data Statistics
- Parental Control Software – Safe Eyes
- Best Multi User Blog Software
- Google Chrome – Google’s Web Browser
- Tim Berners-Lee: Inventor of the World Wide Web