SFTP is secure FTP. Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) encrypts both commands and data. SFTP prevents passwords and sensitive information from being transmitted over the network, and is thus much less vulnerable to third-party interception. SFTP functionally similar to FTP with a different protocol(with is secure than traditional FTP software).
Here are some free SFTP programs (clients) that you can use to upload and as well as download files.
- WinSCP - Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows. Free Open Source SFTP Client, Secure File Transfer Protocol, Secure FTP
- FileZilla - The free FTP solution. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License
- Core FTP – Free FTP/SFTP client software for Windows. Core FTP LE – free Windows software that includes the client FTP features you need. Features like SFTP (SSH), SSL, TLS, IDN, browser integration, site to site transfers, FTP transfer resume, drag and drop support, file viewing & editing, firewall support, custom commands, FTP URL parsing, command line transfers, filters, and much, much more!
- Fugu – Mac OS X SFTP / SCP / SSH FrontEnd. Fugu is a graphical frontend to the commandline Secure File Transfer application (SFTP).
- Browser Based FTP client
- FireFTP: Free FTP Client for Firefox
- Using Windows Explorer as FTP Client
- How Hackers & Viruses Steal FTP Passwords ?
- How to use FTP within Firefox Browser
- Search Similar Images and Pictures Effectively
- List of SSH / Telnet Client for Windows
- How do I Bypass Websense?
- YouSendIt – Emailing 2GB file
- Top 5 Best Peer to Peer P2P File Sharing Software – Free Downloads