Denial of service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial of service attack (DDoS attack) is a type of external Internet attack, in which multiple sources attack a single target computer system causing a Denial of Service (DoS) attack, with the goal being denial of service for its users.
Normally, DDoS attacks flood the target computer system with incoming messages at a rate much higher than it can process, which will slow down the target system to a level where it is rendered useless to users or making target system crash and become unusable.
How to deal with a DDOS attack ?
DDoS attacks are frustrating for the company under attack, which can also be costly in terms of business. There is no perfect solution to prevent DDoS attack.
- Wait for the attack to subside( find out who is targeting the site, filter attack data and prevent them acting).
- Have extra servers that can divert the “syn flood” away from the main site while allowing legitimate requests through.
- What is DoS attack or denial-of-service attack ?
- Why I am seeing Reported Attack Site
- Signs Of a Heart Attack, Stroke and Cardiac Arrest
- Risk Factors For a Heart Attack
- Microsoft Outlook – Phishing Attack
- Listing Directories : Useful Windows DOS Commands
- Don’t Open New Browser Windows : Website Mistakes
- Top 5 Digital Security Threats
- How to Prevent Comment Spam in Blogs or Website
- What is a Trojan Horse ? How to Recover