GHIAL introduced Volvo Aeroexpress buses to make the commuting easy to the new Hyderabad International Airport, now Vayu Vajra is ready for new Bangalore International Airport passengers.
The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) has named its Volvo airport special shuttle service to Bengaluru International Airport as “Vayu Vajra“.
BMTC will inaugurate Vayu Vajra, 40 Volvo and 140 Leyland buses by end of this month.
These buses are custom-built to ferry passengers to and from the international airport.
Each Volvo bus costs Rs 70 lakh while each Leyland-made bus costs Rs 16 lakh. Volvo buses are built on B7RLE chassis and the body are designed after the Volvo 8700 European model.
- Bangalore International Airport – Taking off March 30, 2008.
- Hyderabad International Airport inaugurated; most modern
- Hyderabad International Airport (GHIAL) introduces Aeroexpress
- Navi Mumbai international airport to be ready by 2012
- Hyderabad International Airport – AR Rahman composes song
- Airport Strike – Impact across India over privatisation
- Indian Airport union calls off strike
- Hyundai to make Aero buses in India
- Chennai Airport to be India’s Greenest Airport
- IIM-Bangalore increases fee from Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 4 lakh