Pic: Tribute to Hashmi, which sold for $ 1 million
Renowned painter M F Husain’s (Maqbool Fida Husain) oil painting was sold for Rs 4.4 crore. He has now joined the million-dollar club.
An unidentified art collector fought bidding at an auction organised by Emami Chisel Art Auction House in Kolkata on February 23 evening to bag ‘Tribute to Hashmi‘ for $ 1.03 million (about Rs 4.4 crores).
M F Husain crossed the $1 million, placing the master in the same class as S H Raza, F N Souza and Tyeb Mehta.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni costs Rs 6 crore at IPL auction
- BCCI announced a bonus of Rs 1 crore to Yuvraj Singh for hitting 6 Sixes in an Over
- Liberhan Commission(Babri Masjid probe) spent Rs 7.2 crore so far..
- Mukesh Ambani, Mallya, SRK win IPL bids
- 10 World’s Most Expensive Private Islands
- World’s oldest surviving Rolls-Royce auctioned for $7.22 million
- Highest Paid Football Players in the World.
- Bombay House: Tata headquarters
- Shilpa Shetty’s Perfume ‘S2′ Success
- List of 50 most influential Indian-Americans