(Image credit: hindu businessline)
GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL ) has launched 30 air-conditioned non-stop Volvo Aeroexpress buses to make the commuting easy.
Aeroexpress will operate from four points in Hyderabad at half-an-hour frequency. The one-way cost per passenger would be Rs 95.
With the theme song composed by maestro A R Rahman playing in the background , Congress president Sonia Gandhi inaugurated India’s most modern Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Hyderabad on 14 march 2008.
New airport will start operations from midnight of Saturday, March 23 2008 .
AeroExpress starting points
Airport passengers can avail the services of Aero Express shuttle. These buses run at 30 minutes interval (15 minutes in peak hours) from/to the following points in the city and the airport between 3.30 and 23.30 hours.
1. Paryatak Bhawan, Opposite to ITC Kakatia, Green Lands. – This location is just before the junction from where the road leads to Ameerpet from Begumpet
2. Keyes Girls Highschool, near Clock Tower, Secunderabad – The location is near Saint John Church & also close to Railway Officer’s Rest House
3. Quli Qutub Shah Stadium opposite to City College. – This location is just adjacent to Airtel office in Quli Qutub Shahi stadium, just 500 metres (1,600 ft) from Madina junction.
4. SD Hospital, Mehdipatnam – This location is in between Defence gate and SD Hospital gate where PVNR expressway ramp starts. This location is on right hand side of the road.
Update: (Thanks our reader Avin )
Visit http://www.hyderabad.aero/services/aero_express.html for the Toll free contact number for all your queries regarding RGIA including the aeroexpress queries. # : 1800-4192-008
- Hyderabad International Airport – AR Rahman composes song
- Hyderabad International Airport inaugurated; most modern
- Bangalore International Airport – Taking off March 30, 2008.
- Navi Mumbai international airport to be ready by 2012
- Indian Airport union calls off strike
- Chennai Airport to be India’s Greenest Airport
- Puttaparthi Sai Baba`s airport for sale
- Airport Strike – Impact across India over privatisation
- “Imported Bazaar” launched in Hyderabad by Future Group
- IBM Jobs in India (Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad and Kolkata)