The first day of the summer solstice begins on Friday, June 20, 2008, sparking the longest day of the year.
The official summer solstice begins at 11:59pm EST on Friday. The summer solstice will end when the vernal equinox (fall season) begins on September 22 at 3:44pm EST.
While the summer solstice begins in the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice begins in the Southern Hemisphere. Both hemispheres have opposite seasons.
First day of summer is timed with the summer solstice. For most of the United States, summer begins on June 20. In Europe it’s June 21. In Australia it’s six months later, on December 21.
via [ Summer ]
- Apple’s 3G iPhone is coming this Summer
- Women’s Day – MARCH 8
- Leap Year Day- Today February 29
- 60th Independence Day Parade 2007 in New York City
- Break the silence, talk about HIV on WORLD AIDS DAY, 1 Dec
- “All Day I Dream About Sports” -is the abbreviation of Adidas?
- Best day to buy airline tickets
- Firefox 3.0 to be Released on Tuesday
- Dalai Lama threatens to resign