The World Economic Forum announced the list of Young Global Leaders for 2008.Each year the World Economic Forum identifies 250-300 extraordinary individuals, drawn from every region of the world. Together, they form a powerful international community which can dramatically impact the global future.
The Young Global Leaders for 2008 include 121 business leaders, as well as leaders from government, academia, the media and society at large from 65 countries. The new class represents all regions, including East Asia (64), Europe (58), the Middle East and North Africa (12), North America (45), South Asia (24), sub-Saharan Africa (21) and Latin America (21).
Young Global Leaders:
– are under 40 years old
– have substantial leadership experience
– have already clearly demonstrated a commitment to serving society
Forum has named 17 Indians in its annual list of Young Global Leaders for 2008.
Indians on the Young Global Leaders for 2008 list are
- Vikram K. Akula Chief Executive Officer and Founder SKS Microfinance Pvt. Ltd
- Sabeer Bhatia Chairman Bhatia Enterprises
- Anurag Behar Managing Director Wipro Infrastructure Engineering Ltd.
- Barkha Dutt Senior Editor New Delhi Television (NDTV)
- Suhas Gopinath Chief Executive Officer and President Globals ITeS Pvt. Ltd
- C V Madhukar Director PRS Legislative Research
- Sandeep Parekh Executive Director, Enforcement and Legal Affairs Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Sachin Pilot Member of Parliament, India
- Meher Pudumjee Chairperson Thermax Limited
- Ratul Puri Executive Director Moser Baer India Ltd
- A R Rahman Music Composer
- Trilochan Sastry Founder and Director Association for Democratic Reform & Centre for Collective Development
- Anoushka Shankar Musician, Sitar player
- Pooja Shetty Director Adlabs Films Ltd
- Joseph Sigelman Founder & President PetroTiger
- Pia Singh Managing Director DLF Universal & DLF Retail
- Jeh Wadia Chairman Wadia Group