Are you a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and want to Invest in Indian stocks markets, then this article is just for you?
Do you know Indian government is offering several investment facilities to NRIs, PIOs and OCBs to invest in India.
Steps for NRI to start investing in the Indian stock Market.
1. Open a Bank Account. If you already have bank account, you should check with your bank to find out whether those are suitable for stock trading. NRE and NRO accounts generally permitted to be maintained for Portfolio Investment Scheme
ICICIdirect has services for all the above.
- Checkout the list of Investment Options available for NRI’s in India
Tips for NRI Investment
– NRI can purchase up to a maximum of 5% of the aggregate paid up capital of the company (equity as well as preference capital)
– NRIs are permitted to make direct investments in shares/ debentures of Indian companies/ units of mutual fund.
– NRIs do not require any permission to invest though Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) or Private placements.
– NRI’s no need to file tax returns, unless the taxable Indian income of over Rs 1.10 lakh.
Happy investing in India (The Fastest growing economy in the world)