Twitter is a free social networking and microblogging service which enables to broadcast short messages (limited to just 140 characters) to your friends, family, co–workers or so called “followers” in real-time.
You can communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question like: What are you doing?
Message restriction of 140 characters has resulted in Twitter being labeled “micro blogging” and gained a lot of buzz with its platform for sharing messages in short.
Twitter and it’s features
- Twitter allows you to send and read other users updates (known as tweets)
- Twitter messages(tweets) are limited to 140 characters (microblogging)
- You can send and receive updates via the Twitter website, SMS(text messages), RSS (receive only), emails or a third party application.
- You can restrict delivery to your circle of friends (delivery to everyone is the default).
- You can use third party application such as Tweetie, Twitterrific, and Feedalizr to send Twitter messages.
- You can search for people by name or user name, import friends from other networks, or invite friends via email. I
- You can register at twitter sign up page and tweet!