Opera Software has launched Opera Unite, a tool that gives users the functionality of a Web server within the browser. Opera Unite turns any computer into both a client and a server, allowing it to interact with and serve content to other computers directly across the Web, without the need for third-party servers. Basically, Unite turns any computer or device running Opera into a Web server.
Opera Unite services are as follows:
File Sharing – Securely share a file from your personal computer without waiting to upload it.
Web Server – Run entire Web sites from your local computer with the Opera Unite Web Server.
Media Player – Access your MP3s and playlists from any machine.
Photo Sharing – Share your photos direct from your PC,
The Lounge – Self-contained chat service running on your computer.
Fridge – Exchange notes securely and privately in real time.
According to Opera, These six services represent the beginning of what is possible.
Download the Opera Unite build from http://labs.opera.com/ or Download the Opera Unite alpha builds :
- Load Balancing and It’s Features
- Google Moderator Key Features
- What is Twitter ? – Features
- Windows 7 Features
- Bing – Cool Features for Better Searching
- Nokia 6220 Classic Smartphone Key Features
- iPhone software 3.0 – New features
- G-phone Google’s Android – Key Features
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- iPhone 3GS vs iPhone 3G Features Comparison