If you add your mobile number(see below) to your Twitter account, you can receive notifications as SMS and also post Tweets via SMS. Here are the list of text notification you can enable/or disable. When you enable the following notifications you will get a message when the enabled event occurs.
Twitter Mobile/SMS notifications List
- Tweets from people you’ve enabled for mobile notifications
- Direct Messages
- Someone new follows me
- Mentions and replies – Only by people I follow or By anyone
- Your Tweet is Retweeted – Only by people I follow or By anyone
- Your Tweet is liked – Only by people I follow or By anyone
- Tweet Alerts
- Announcements from Twitter
- Follow recommendations
To add your mobile number
- Login to Twitter
- Click profile icon menu and click Settings.
- Click Security and privacy settings and click the checkbox to Verify login requests.
- and follow the prompts (Twitter will send you a verification code, you need to enter the code send to your mobile )