Are you a Facebook user ? Here are the list of potential positive and negative effects of using Facebook.
Risks of Facebook
• “They Are Happier and Having Better Lives than I Am”: The Impact of Using Facebook on Perceptions of Others’ Lives
People present themselves as cheerful people having good times on their Facebook profile photos, conveying a sense of happiness. As others view the photos of their friends, they may believe that their friends are much happier than they are. – published in the journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Social Networking,
• “Facebook ‘friends’ cause stress, research finds”
People with the most Facebook “friends” are more likely to feel stressed out by the site, according to Edinburgh Napier University researchers. – [ Source BBC ]
• “Facebook can make you genuinely psychotic”
A study from Dr. Uri Nitzan of Tel Aviv University’s Sackler Faculty of Medicine and the Shalvata Mental Health Care Center suggests that the social network can make you psychotic. [via - msn ]
The Benefits of Facebook
• “ Our Facebook walls boost self-esteem, study finds – study by Cornell University” – [via - cornell.edu]
If you have other study links which talks about the positive or negative effects of Facebook, please post it in the comments section below.
- What is Facebook Lite?
- Why people use Facebook and Twitter for most often ?
- How to Share Flickr Photos to Facebook
- How do I make a Facebook Notes ?
- Facebook Safety and Survival Tips
- How to Create Virtual Gifts on Facebook
- How to promote Product & Business on Facebook
- Health Risks With Cellular Phone Use – Cancer Institute Warns
- Health Risks From Cell Phones
- Create Quiz on Facebook easily