It is invariably comfortable to show what you’r seeing on your screen instead of explaining. Remember the proverb, “A picture is worth a thousand words”. Here is how to get a screen capture or screen shot of your computer screen.
You can use the windows PrtScn solution or use the screen capture tool.
1) Screen capture – PrtScn
- Press PrtScn key (if you use laptop, use combination of Fn Function key and PrtScn to access Print Screen function)
- Now, your screen will be to Windows Clipboard
- Paste (Ctrl+V) the copied screen image into mspaint or word doc
Capture the active window whole screen
- Press ALT + PrtScn to capture the active window
- Press PrtScn to capture the whole screen
2) Screen capture – Windows Snipping tool
Windows 7 comes with Snipping Tool. It allows you to select the part of the screen area you want to take a screen shot. Snipping tool will allow you to write or draw on the captured area, you can save or share the image via an email very easily.
Here is how to access Snipping tool
- Go to Start
- Click All Programs
- Click Accessories
- Click Snipping Tool