YouTube is the most popular video sharing platform on the internet. You can find almost all types of video on YouTube. To sign up for a YouTube account, you need to open a google account which is also used for gmail, drive and various other google tools.
If you already happen to have a YouTube account then you don’t need to sign up again just go to YouTube and login with your google account details. If you don’t have a google account then go through the following steps to create one:
- First go to https://www.youtube.com/
- Click on the Sign in button on the top right corner of the page
- Then click on the “Create an account” button
- Then fill out the given form with your Name, e-mail address, user name, date of birth and gender. Click on the “I would like a new Gmail address” while filling out your e-mail address to create your own google account.
- Provide a phone number to prove that you’re not a machine.
- You can opt to fill in a captcha or you can skip it but in that case you will be sent a verification code to your provided number.
- Tick on the “I agree” checkbox
- Click on “Next step”
- If you opted out of the captcha test then you’ll be prompted to enter a verification code that was sent to your phone number.
- You can enter a photo for your profile photo.
You have now created your own google account. Now just head over to YouTube again and sign in with your new account details. When you’re signing in YouTube for the first time it will ask if you want to connect your facebook or twitter account. Skip it if you don’t want to do that or you can do connect your accounts by clicking on the “connect” buttons.
You can use your newly created YouTube account to do the following things:
- Create and add new videos
- Follow your favorite channels and track them
- Add videos to your favorites list, playlist. You can also like or unlike a video
- Comment on videos and interact with other users.