I wanted to upgrade my Dell laptop memory(RAM). Here is how I found the right memory. There are two ways to find the compatible memory model for your laptop
1) Go to dell website link here
2) Select Memory for Your PC. You have 2 options to find the memory
Here is the screen shot of the page.
– Scan your system – You must be on the system you want to upgrade. This online utility will scan your system and recommend the right mode. The easiest way to see what your system needs
– Enter your service tag – The Service Tag is a 7-character code ( see back of your laptop )
3) Enter your enter the Service tag (7 digs) and click submit
4) Next page will bring all the accessories for your entered model (see below image)