What Google Fi wireless service ?
Project Fi is a wireless phone service offered by Google. It provides low cost wireless and data service using Wi-Fi and partner cellular networks. Fi will intelligently change and connect you to one of it’s partner LTE networks, depending on the stronger cellular signal –feature unique to Fi.
That is, Project Fi service automatically change networks as you move around. It combines Wi-Fi calling whenever available to make voice calls. Fi is focused on simplified billing. Basically you have to get basic package — Fi Basics ($20) for voice and text and data required in GB.
Features of Project Fi
- Project Fi automatically connects to the best network
- Pay one rate for data around the world
- You Get to Choose Your Data Plan
- Connect automatically to open Wi-Fi networks using Wi-Fi Assistant
- Your data is secured through encryption when connected to open Wi-Fi hotspots
- You can transfer your current personal number over to Project Fi when you sign up
Plan and Pricing
Fi Basics – $20 per month
- Fi Basics is $20 per month, this includes: unlimited domestic talk and text, unlimited international texts, ability to use your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot, and coverage in 120+ countries.
Data – $10 per month/GB
Data cost is $10 per GB, you choose how much you want — your unused data will be credited back as credit.
- $10 for 1GB, $20 for 2GB, $30 for 3GB and so on. No annual contract required.
- You don’t need to pay for unused data. At the end of each month, your unused data will be credited back in dollars (get about 1 cent in credit for each MB of unused data).
For example, if you want to get plan with 2GB of data, you will pay $20 (Fi Basics) + $20 (2GB) = $40.
At the end of each month, your unused data will be credited back to your account. If you used only 1.2 GB, then you will get credit of $8 for 0.8 GB unused data.
- If you go over your data budget by 350MB, $3.50 will be added to your next bill.
Project Fi app
Project Fi app has easy, simple account management which allows you to change your plan, pay your bill, or check your data usage.
International usage/ Roaming
You can use the phone internationally without paying for data. You will still pay $10 per GB, you don’t need to worry about roaming data charges. It is available in 120 countries, data speeds may be limited to 256kbps (3G) in other countries.
Please check international rates for more information.
How do I get get Google Fi wireless service ?
Simple, sign up for the service and get Project Fi supported device ( Google Nexus phones for now )
For more information visit – https://fi.google.com/about/