Microsoft’s new search engine, Bing became public with General Search, shopping, travel search, Image search, Video search and more.
According to Microsoft Bing focuses initially on four key user tasks and related areas: making a purchase, planning a trip, researching a health condition or finding a local business.
Some say Bing is the Google Killer and real Google alternative.
Bing vs Google comparison
|Comparison Metrics||My favorite winner||Reason|
|Look and Feel||Google wins||Clean and simple|
|Search Options||Bing wins||Impressive refinement options with organized logical categories on the left pane with Powerset search technology|
|Search Results||Google wins||Better results with relevant latest News articles related to the search term|
|Travel Search||Bing wins||Bing’s Farecast technology and it’s tools predicts cheap airline tickets quicker|
|Video Search||Bing wins||You can see a quick video preview when you hover the mouse over the video thumbnail images|
|Map Search||Google Map wins||Cool and Simple|
|Image Search||Google Wins||Better image collections with relevance (Google Image Labeler feature)|
Google is my favorite, but Microsoft’s bing is going to be a real competitor to Google over the time. Bing will not get the market-share from Google overnight, Microsoft sees Bing as a start (or restart) and that improvements will continue to roll out over time.
- Bing, Microsoft answer to Google ?
- Bing – Cool Features for Better Searching
- Bing Travel – Predict and Find Cheap AirFares
- Top Alternatives to Google Adsense
- Top 10 US Web Properties – Google Tops
- Google Web Elements – Embed Google products on your Blog or Website
- Global petrol price comparison
- Google Chrome – Google’s Web Browser
- Gmail ads – How does Google do it?
- An Online File Comparison Tool