There’s been a lot of buzz lately about the social media site called Twitter. Chris Pirillo blogged for CNN about the Twitteriffic tools , here is his recomandation of Twitter tools to get maximum benefit from Twitter.
- Twitalyzer: Tool to evaluate the activity of any Twitter user and report on relative influence, signal-to-noise ratio, generosity, velocity, clout, and other useful measures of success in social media.
- Twitoria: How many friends are you really following? Twitoria finds your friends that haven’t tweeted in a long time so you can give them the boot!
- Monitter: It’s a twitter monitor, it lets you “monitter” the twitter world for a set of keywords and watch what people are saying.
- Filttr: Filttr helps you get rid of superfluous chirping and focus on only what you find important based on key phrases, groups and priorities.
- Twtvite: http://twtvite.com/
- FutureTweets: FutureTweets.com is a free service that lets you schedule your Twitter messages. Send it at a specific time in the future or send a reoccuring Tweet daily, weekly, monthly or yearly!
- Twitturly: Twitturly tracks Web addresses that are being thrown around the Twitterverse by popularity. Comedy Central’s ‘Daily Show’ is on top of the list at the time of this writing.
- Twitscoop: Twitscoop was built to help you stay on top of twitter’s hot topics or discussions. Through an automated algorithm, twitscoop crawls hundreds of tweets every minute and extracts the words which are mentionned more often than usual. The result is displayed in a Tag Cloud, using the following rule: the hotter, the bigger.
- TwitterSnooze: It’s a good way to ignore someone that just flooded your timeline for no good reason… but it was just a one-time offense and doesn’t merit permanent unfollowing. It’s a good tool to avoid a blast of tweets from a conference you are not attending… just snooze the conference goers for a few days.