There are occasions where you’d not able to aceesss GMail. If there’s a gmail outage (then you’d see 502 Server Error) or there might be scenario where you want to see your gmail on the fly or you don’t have gmail access in your office/work. In these situations you can access gmail using iGoogle (Google personal homepage app).
Here are the steps.
1. Login your Igoogle and go to the gadgets Directory ( Add stuff » link)
2. Search for gmail gadgets and select the Select the Gmail app (Small version of Google’s free Mail system, which previews your inbox.)
3. After adding, go back to your iGoogle page and your GMail should be appearing in your iGoogle.
Note: After doing all there steps, even if you’re not able to access gmail in your office/work. Try changing the URL from http:// to https://(secure)
To : https://www.google.com/ig
- How to access non-Gmail email accounts from Gmail
- What is POP3 email access ?
- Google GMail Major Worldwide Outage
- Unable to reach Gmail ? Error message
- How to setup Offline Gmail
- How to Switch Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Or AOL to Gmail
- How to Search for all unread mails in Gmail
- April Fools Day – Gmail Birthday
- How to Remote Access PC From Anywhere
- How to read Gmail in other language – Enable Message Translation