ATM/Debit Card safety depends on where it is used. If it’s at a bank, an ATM is kind of safer than it is in a public place, such as a train station or a convenience store.
So, How safe is your ATM? While a breach is unlikely, it’s not unheard of – especially if you’re getting cash at a convenience store. But there are things you can do to protect yourself, according to money.cnn
Here is the ATM/Debit Card Safety Tips
- Never use ATM machines at convenience stores.
- Change your identification number (PIN) number regularly and use different PINs for different accounts.
- While shopping use credit cards over debit cards. Try to avoid using your PIN as much as possible.
- Never use your PIN under any circumstances while in online(internet) transactions.
- Memorize your PIN. Never write your PIN on your card or anything that you carry near your card.
- Check your account frequently and report any suspicious activity immediately.