U S Food and Drug Administration is alerting consumers nationwide that a salmonellosis outbreak appears to be linked to consumption of certain types of raw red tomatoes and products containing raw red tomatoes. The bacteria causing the illnesses are Salmonella serotype Saintpaul, an uncommon type of Salmonella.
How do people catch Salmonella?
Salmonella live in the intestinal tracts of humans and other animals, including birds. Salmonella are usually transmitted to humans by eating foods contaminated with animal feces.
Methods to prevent illness
Properly cooking meat, poultry and eggs, and washing produce are generally the best methods to prevent illness.
- Tomatoes can reduce heart disease
- Major types of White and Red wines
- Wal-Mart Around the Globe : Raw Data
- How To Eliminate Bad Breath
- 10 Energy Foods to keep you up
- Prevent Infection Through Handwashing
- Healthiest Foods : fruits and vegetables
- Longest and Shortest Living Animals
- Best Ways To Avoid Cancer
- Dr Tonmoy Sharma banned from practising in Britain