Summertime marks the end of exams for students, which means few months away from the books. Google want’s students to spend summer break with a useful programme called Summer of Code. They get gain real world software engineering experience and also get paid.
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global annual program that offers student developers stipends to write code for various open source software projects during the summer. The idea came directly from Google’s founders, Sergey Brin and Larry Page.
Students can choose from 150 Free and Open Source software projects. Accepted student applicants are paired with a mentor or mentors from the participating projects. Successful students will receive a stipend of 4500 USD for their participation in the program,
Check out the information pages to get a better sense of which projects have participated in Google Summer of Code each year.
- An Online Code Beautifier : Source Code Formatter
- First day of the summer
- Google Lively – 3D virtual experience
- sQuba world’s first real submersible car
- TOP 10 World’s Best City For Real Estate Investment
- Google Suggest – Best Real Time Suggestions
- Apple’s 3G iPhone is coming this Summer
- Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India : ‘India Today’ Survey
- Report malicious software to google
- Bad Experience with a Website ? How to Report