Many of US states three-day tax-free holiday starts on Friday. For example in Tennessee (Aug 1 to Aug 3 ) During the tax-free weekend, shoppers can purchase clothing with a price of $100 or less per item, school and art supplies with a price of $100 or less per item, and computers with a price of $1,500 or less without paying state and local sales tax.
States That Offer Tax Free Week or Tax Free Weekends:
More information on specific state and its allowed items visit 2008 Sales Tax Free Holidays
- Income Tax Dept asks Microsoft to pay Rs 700 crore tax
- India reacts very cautiously to Pakistan state of emergency
- Eros ‘Heyy Babyy’ Grosses Rs. 40 crores Worldwide In Opening Weekend
- State Bank of India to bank in Singapore
- What is Windfall Profits Tax ?
- Andhra Pradesh cuts sales tax on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) to 4%
- Car owners in Mumbai to pay for using road : Congestion Tax
- India extends service tax refund plan for exporters
- Free Digital Photo Editing Software Download
- New 8 IITs, 7 IIMs location list