Nine years after Indian Express reporter, Shivani Bhatnagar was brutally murdered, Indian Senior IPS officer RK Sharma was on Monday awarded life imprisonment by a Delhi court, saying he did not deserve the death penalty due to his “excellent” service record.
Three other convicts were also sentenced to life imprisonment.
IPS officer R K Sharma is the first IPS officer in India to be convicted of murder.
(Image credit – hindustantimes)
- Pepsi drops Ganguly, Dravid as brand ambassadors; ropes Ishant, Rohit
- Tougher punishment for sex determination in India – fine least Rs 5 lakh
- End of an innings for Kiran Bedi, finally
- Indian Cricket League (ICL ) : Indian Players List
- MeraSnap.com – Digital photo printing made easy in India
- Queen Elizabeth Becomes Oldest Monarch