Do you want to test or verify that anti-virus or anti-malware software is functioning correctly. The EICAR (European Institute for Computer Anti-Virus Research) test file will help you. Test your anti-malware/anti-virus protection with EICAR, simple file which is intended to be used to verify your anti-malware software is functioning correctly.
Intention behind it is to allow companies, AV programmers to test their software without having to use a real computer virus. It contains only human-readable characters(either 68 or 70 bytes) and so can easily be created manually by typing in the correct string of characters.
The file is a legitimate DOS program, and produces sensible results when run (it prints the message “EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!”). Test file has been provided to EICAR for distribution as the “EICAR Standard Anti-Virus Test File”.
- Online Virus and Malware Scan Services with Multiple Anti-Virus Engines
- Free Virus/ Spyware / Adware/ Malware – Detection & Removal Tool
- Top 5 Best Peer to Peer P2P File Sharing Software – Free Downloads
- Free File Recovery Software, Recover Deleted Files
- Top Free Online Malware and Virus Scan Services
- Internet Connection Performance/Speed Test
- Narco Analysis , P300 Test
- 5 Healthiest Anti-Aging Snacks to Keep You Young
- How to Open .gz File in Windows
- Best Free Antivirus Software