The RF electromagnetic energy generated by cell phones can penetrate your body. The depth of penetration and the amount of energy you absorb depends on many factors, such as how close you hold the cell phone to your body and how strong the signal is. The important indication of RF exposure is the rate of energy absorbed in your body. This is called the “specific absorption rate” or SAR and it is measured in watts (unit of power) per kilogram.
Some scientists have reported that cell phone use may cause changes in brain activity, reaction times, or the time it takes to fall asleep. But these findings have not yet been confirmed.
Cell phone use is, however, not entirely risk-free. Studies have shown that:
- Using cell phones while driving may increase the chance of traffic accidents;
- Cell phones may interfere with medical devices such as pacemakers, defibrillators and hearing aids; and
- Cell phones can also interfere with aircraft electronics.
- Health Risks With Cellular Phone Use – Cancer Institute Warns
- Penetration of Cell phones in India.
- IPhone Rules: Fewer Unlocked Phones, More Revenue
- Toyota develops improved hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle: FCHV-adv model
- Meditation, Yoga Improves Health by Changing Gene Activity
- Tag Heuer luxury mobile phones to cost Rs 2,21,000 in India
- European Union(EU) Allows Mobile Phones on Airplanes
- Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids Health Benefits
- Top 10 Energy Boosters to boost energy