By diverting grain and oilseed crops from dinner plates to biofuels, world is confronting a dangerous new bubble called food inflation. (What Is Inflation? – explained here)
Rice, wheat and corn – the price of the world’s three main grains, have all more than doubled in the past year.
- The grain it takes to fill an SUV tank with ethanol could feed a person for a year.
- By diverting grain and oilseed crops from dinner plates to fuel tanks, biofuels are jacking up world food prices and endangering the hungry.
- An explosion in demand for farm-grown fuels has raised global crop prices to record highs.
- Brazil now ranks fourth in the world in carbon emissions, and most of its emissions come from deforestation.
- Studies show the biofuel boom is doing exactly the opposite of what its proponents intended: it’s dramatically accelerating global warming, imperiling the planet in the name of saving it.
Full article at TIME - The Clean Energy Scam
- Indian Finance Minister blames US for diverting food products to make biofuels
- Inflation Explained
- What Is Inflation?
- House price inflation: Bangalore is in peak
- India Inflation soars to 13-Month High of 6.68%
- MIT, Texas Instruments develops energy-efficient microchip
- Reliance Energy Share Buyback – yet another move
- NRI Anantha Chandrakasan among others develops advanced energy-efficient chip
- India Bans Exports of Edible Oils to control rising prices
- Oil price sets another record