By diverting grain and oilseed crops from dinner plates to biofuels, world is confronting a dangerous new bubble called food inflation. (What Is Inflation? – explained here)
Rice, wheat and corn – the price of the world’s three main grains, have all more than doubled in the past year.
- The grain it takes to fill an SUV tank with ethanol could feed a person for a year.
- By diverting grain and oilseed crops from dinner plates to fuel tanks, biofuels are jacking up world food prices and endangering the hungry.
- An explosion in demand for farm-grown fuels has raised global crop prices to record highs.
- Brazil now ranks fourth in the world in carbon emissions, and most of its emissions come from deforestation.
- Studies show the biofuel boom is doing exactly the opposite of what its proponents intended: it’s dramatically accelerating global warming, imperiling the planet in the name of saving it.
Full article at TIME – The Clean Energy Scam