Is your IPhone 3G become slow after you updated OS to iPhone OS 4.0 or Multitasking slows down your iPhone 3G or 3GS?
The main feature of OS 4.0 is multitasking. Either computer or phone, generally multitasking will use extra RAM compared to single tasking.
Multitasking allows you to run multiple apps at the same time. For example when you open iTunes, Pandora, Camera, Safari, Maps or any other applications. When you click the “Home” button, control will take you back to the home screen and leave all the opened applications running in background.
iPhone with OS 4 simultaneous executes multiple tasks (apps). Now, your iPhone RAM will be used by all the opened apps which are running in background, this is one of the main reason why your iPhone slows down after updating your OS to iPhone OS 4.0; Here is how to close the opened/running apps, here is how.
[ Pic :1]
How to close apps with iPhone iOS4 multitasking
- Just double-click the “Home” button.
- Screen will grey out and it will show you the icons of apps that are open and running at this time.(see pic 1 above).
- Simply touch and hold down the icon of the app which you want to close.
- Icons will begin to shake.
- Tap/press red dash “-” icon to close the app you don’t want to be running (like deleting apps in home screen) (see pic 2).
- That’s it. You should see a big difference in your iphone performance.
[ Pic :2]
To be frank: This is a real pain, Apple should come up with a new feature to close the app easily ( without having to double tap and hold the icon to close it)
- What’s new in iPhone OS 3.1 Software Update
- How to update iphone Software
- iphone Bug – Software Update
- iPhone 3G Tips and iPhone 3G Tricks
- iPhone OS 4 software – Features
- iPhone 3GS vs iPhone 3G Features Comparison
- Best iPhone Apps for Fitness and Health
- FREE iPhone-to-iPhone messaging
- iPhone 2.0 and iPhone 3G unveiled – Finally
- How to get turn-by-turn driving directions in your iPhone?