People across the India will get smart cards as vehicle registration certificates and driving licenses by April 2008. And all these smart cards would use the common software developed by National Informatics Center (NIC).
The Center has asked the States that the implementation of smart card based project for issuance of Driving License and Registration Certificate needs to be completed by 31st March next year by all the States and UTs.
Image: Typical smart cards in many countries
- Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India : ‘India Today’ Survey
- Lakshmi Mittal’s Big India Investment
- Why Wal-Mart has to partner with Bharti in India?
- India’s Sparkling Diamond Export
- SAP to invest $1 bn in India
- Kohl’s favorite market – India
- Chennai Airport to be India’s Greenest Airport
- India to Launch micro-satellites
- IBM opens Global Delivery Centre In Chennai, India
- Best Mutual Funds In India