A pair of Top Indian universities — Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras on track to rolling out the world’s cheapest laptop computer that could cost as low as $10.
Minister of State for Human Resource Development D Purandeswari said research was being conducted to develop the laptop, especially for use by students, which will cost all of $10. Laptop would help increase the quality of higher education in India.
This news comes just 6 months after, India’s Tata Group had unveiled the “Nano” that was touted as the world’s cheapest with a price of $2,500.
- “MiLeap laptop ” HCL Infosystemscheapest laptop @ Rs 13,990
- Where To Buy Laptop In India
- Acer Aspire 5315 laptop introduced in India
- Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India : ‘India Today’ Survey
- “Locate Laptop” – Locate your Stolen Laptop
- Laptop & Notebook Upgrades : Do-It-Yourself Guide
- India GDP to grow 8.7% in FY 2008
- India Australia Cricket Score : India wins
- Oxford introduces M.Sc in Contemporary India
- SAP to invest $1 bn in India