Tired of a slow computer? Does your computer eventually gets slower and slower?. Do you want to fix your slow computer ? Here are few simple and practical steps to speed up your slow computer.
- Disable any programs that automatically start each time when your computer boots. This is the single most efficient want to fix your slow computer.
- Clean up your Windows Recycle Bin and use Disk Cleanup utility to Remove unwanted files. Disk Cleanup utility will allow you to review the categories of files that can be deleted.
- Make sure your computer is not overheating. Computer heat may have a significant impact on your computer performance on some processors.
- Uninstall all the software you no longer use, such as old games, old printer software etc.,.
- Clean out your disk space. Delete unwanted document files, pictures, audio, video etc. Move these files to an external drive.
- Defragment/defrag your computer. You will see a significant increase in speed after the Disk De-fragmentation, which will make your computer faster.
- Make sure your computer has a decent amount of memory. A minimum of 1GB of memory is recommended.
- Make sure that anti-virus and spyware software are not running a virus scanner in the background. These programs begin to scan when computer boots, which will slow down the computer. So, Disable auto scanning ( don’t disable virus protection). Make sure to scan for viruses often.
- Removing unwanted toolbars in your browser. Tools bars significantly slow down your computer.