There are times you want to change your computer default browser Internet Explorer to Firefox or etc. Normally Internet Explorer is the default web browser when you have windows operating system, ie when you click a link the browser which opens is IE.
Here is how you can get the default browser changed to Mozilla Firefox?
- On the Firefox Browser
- Click on the Tools
- Select Options
- Select the Advanced panel
- Click General tab
- and Click Check Now button on bottom of the panel.
- Click Yes to set Firefox as your browser.
Note: To set another browser(Safari, Google Chrome etc) as your default web browser, Check the setting of the other browser you wish to be your default or follow the steps below.
If the above step doesn’t work, here is Alternative solution
- Click Start button
- Select Settings and click Control Panel
- Click Add or Remove Programs
- Click Set Program Access and Defaults icon(On the left side of the window)
- Click Custom radio button
- From the list Choose the Web browser, wish to be your default