It seems Tata Nano is no longer going to be the the world’s cheapest car! .
Tara Tiny from the Tara International stable is going to be cheapest car which runs on electricity. These are zero emission and cost only Rs 99,000!, which is 1 rupee less than that of Tata Nano (not including levies or delivery charges).
The Tara Tiny can seat 2 people and can be recharged daily at 220 volts through 15 amp sockets, a 8 hour charge enables the cars to travel 80 – 100 kilo meters.
The only downside to the Electric Tara Tiny is that it will only reach a top speed of 50 km/hr (31 mph), which is not bad for urban driving.
Tara International has teamed up with China’s Aucma, a leading player in the electrical vehicles and appliances segment, to manufacture this cars.
- Tata Nano: The World’s Cheapest Car
- Tata unveiled World’s cheapest car “Nano”
- Tata Motors’ Nano car to hit traffic in Oct
- Tata Motors Nano Rs 1 lakh car
- Tata Nano shines at 2008 Geneva Motor Show
- Tata Unveils the World’s Cheapest Car
- Tata Nano: Ratan Tata’s Speach
- Tata’s High-Stakes Bet on Low-Cost Car
- Nano – the car will “put India on wheels”
- Rs 1 lakh car, Jaguar can co-exist: Tata