The Fortune 500 is an annual list compiled and published by Fortune magazine that ranks the top 500 American public corporations as measured by their gross revenue.
Wal-Mart tops the list again in 2008 — the retail giant maintains the top spot on the FORTUNE 500, making it the largest company in the United States for the sixth time in the last seven years.
Top 25 Companies in Fortune 500
1 Wal-Mart Stores
2 Exxon Mobil
4 General Motors
6 General Electric
7 Ford Motor
9 Bank of America Corp.
11 Berkshire Hathaway
12 J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
13 American International Group
15 International Business Machines
16 Valero Energy
17 Verizon Communications
19 Cardinal Health
20 Goldman Sachs Group
21 Morgan Stanley
22 Home Depot
23 Procter & Gamble
24 CVS Caremark
25 UnitedHealth Group
- World Phone : Unlimited Calls to USA and Canada only Rs 1,500
- S&P 500 volatility at 70-year high, since 1938
- 500 TCS employees resign
- What is Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- Tata Shows Off Its $2,500 Car At New Delhi Auto Expo
- Wal-Mart Around the Globe : Raw Data
- Many faces of Tata Group of Companies
- “The InfoTech 100″ Companies 2008
- Best Employee Satisfaction IT Companies
- Best companies to work for in India