Image: Most of the buildings at Google Inc.’s Mountain View headquarters are covered in solar panels( aerial photograph) :- Photo courtesy of Google
Search giant Google office lights and computers get their power partly from 9,200 solar panels that cover almost every rooftop at Googleplex in Mountain View, CA, the largest solar array ever installed by a U.S. corporation.
Google’s Green goals is beyond it’s Googleplex. The Internet search giant, said it will invest in researching green technologies and renewable-energy companies, to help drive the cost of alternative energy below the cost of coal.
Google and Google.org, are trying to change the way the world gets and uses energy.
• Develop Renewable Energy Cheaper Than Coal (RE)
• Accelerate the Commercialization of Plug-In Vehicles (RechargeIT)– Make electric cars as primary mainstream.
• Predict and Prevent — Fund research for emerging threats, such as infectious disease and climate risk
Interested about Google’s green technologies initiatives.. visit http://google.org/
- INDIA:To built 2000 green buildings by 2012
- The World’s Green Cities
- 12 Technology Skills that employers can’t say no
- International Institute of Information Technology(IIIT-B) to offer 40 scholarships
- Google’s wireless plans
- Nokia and Google to Compete With IPhone
- Google launches India-centric search facility
- Google sees 50 times more searches from iPhones
- The Meaning of Google
- Global Warming : What does this mean ?